Information is forwarded by Joan Johnson, Neighborhood Planner with the City from Amy Stahl with Parks & Rec.
Six Greenbelt sections closed by high water
A section of the Greenbelt under Veterans Memorial Parkway has been closed because of damage caused by high flows on the Boise River. Flood waters are undercutting the river bank and causing the Greenbelt pavement to buckle and collapse.
Warning signs have been installed to prevent pedestrians from accessing the area, which is on the north side of the river.
Five sections of the Greenbelt have been closed because of high flows on the Boise River.
Areas that have been closed include:
• The tunnel on the south side East Parkcenter Bridge near Bown Crossing
• Loggers Creek footbridge from Leadville Avenue east to the West ParkCenter Bridge in Southeast Boise.
• The Bethine Church River Trail, a gravel section from the Cottonwoods Apartments on Riverstone Lane east to the powerline corridor near East Gossamer Lane in Southeast Boise.
• The Broadway Avenue underpass on the north side of the river near Boise State University.
• The Main Street tunnel on the north side of the river near Bernardine Quinn Riverside Park
For an updated list, please see:
We have also posted the individual closures on our home page — in the righthand box under “Greenbelt closures.”
Thanks for checking in.